There are costs involved with forming a FIRST Robotics Competition team and they can vary from team to team and region to region depending on what level of participation the team chooses. Click here to view basic team costs and read below to view registration costs.
After registering as normal at firstinspires.org without paying any fees, Ontario FRC teams will be issued an invoice for the net balance your team owes for registration. This invoice will show the balance of what is owing based on veteran/rookie team registration fees and will show any team grants that have been applied to your account. The amount of team registration is as follows:
Ontario FRC Wheels on Carpet (teams that played in 2020)
- $2000 USD (Ontario Registration Fee – $1600 CAD)
Ontario FRC No Wheels on Carpet Teams (teams that did not play in 2020)
- Registration Fee (Ontario Registration Fee – $300 CAD)- the no wheels on carpet is applied to this year.
Ontario 2021 Rookie FRC team
- $3000 USD (Ontario Registration Fee – $500 CAD if rookie teams successfully apply for the New Team Growth grant)
Payments must be made in Canadian dollars to FIRST Robotics Canada by November 30, 2020. Should your team receive additional grants after the billing date, cheques will be issued to your team directly.
Acceptable payment methods:
- Credit Card – Click the link on your invoice that states “Pay with Credit Card” and credit card information will need to be provided in the following screen.
- Cheque – Cheques to be made payable to FIRST Robotics Canada. Please indicate your team number and that the payment is for registration in the memo section of the cheque and send it to FIRST Robotics Canada’s post office box at:
P.O. Box 518
- Purchase Order (School Boards Only) – E-mail the purchase order to email@example.com. Net 30 payment terms apply. Purchase orders are accepted only from school boards.
If you require more information about registering or applying grants to registration fees, contact John Hobbins at firstname.lastname@example.org