Please read below for information about preparing for your tournament and connecting with other coaches throughout the province.
- Tournament Assignments (not including TDSB teams)
- Tournament Registration (for TDSB teams only)
- Coaches Webinar
- Connect with other FLL coaches in Ontario
- FLL Team Timeline
- Core Values
- Innovation Project
- Robot Design
- Tournament Assignments (not including TDSB teams) – Thank you to everyone who indicated their tournament preferences by last Thursday’s deadline. Coaches will receive notification of their assigned tournament on or before Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- Tournament Registration (for TDSB teams only) – Please complete the registration form using the team name you would like to see on all tournament-related documentation and pay your tournament registration fees for your assigned event by Friday, October 25, 2019 .
- Coaches Webinar – Learn how to prepare for your first tournament by attending the Coaches’ Webinar on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. Topics covered will include an overview of the day and how to prepare your team for the event. This webinar is best suited for new coaches but all are welcome. Click here to register, after which you will receive a confirmation email with specific information about joining the webinar, and hope to see many of you there!
- Connect with other FLL Coaches in Ontario – The Ontario FLL Community is a Facebook Group that allows both new and experienced members of the FIRST LEGO League community in Ontario to ask and answer questions, share useful tips and resources, celebrate successes, offer support and contribute to discussions about coaching a FIRST LEGO League team to help make every season a successful and enjoyable one for all participants! For more information and to join the group, please visit www.facebook.com/groups/1994799980585158
- FLL Team Timeline – These are just some guidelines to help you stay on track and to prepare for your tournament, the first of which is only 4 weeks away! For a more detailed description of recommended weekly tasks please refer to the Team Meeting Guide. You may wish to consult the FIRST Steps Curriculum or the FLL Beginner’s Guide for alternative season planning resources.
- Core Values: Invite students to participate in a 5-minute teamwork challenge to practice for the Core Values judging session
- Robot Design: Complete EV3 Robot Lessons 5 and 6, as outlined on the poster at this link (alternative robot building instructions can be found here)
- Innovation Project: Identify a problem with a building or public space in your community. Research existing solutions, brainstorm ways to improve upon those solutions and then suggest completely new solutions to the problem. Brainstorm professionals your team could contact to help you with your research and plan for a meeting, phone call or other correspondence with an expert on this year’s challenge theme
You can also view last week’s recommended tasks in the archive at the following link: