- Complete and submit the application form by January 15, 2021 date;
- Be currently enrolled or have been enrolled in a Canadian high school.
- Participate on a FIRST Robotics Competition or a FIRST Tech Challenge team in Canada;
- Be eligible to enroll, and agree to enroll as a full-time student in an accredited college or university starting no later than the fall semester of 2021; and
- Use the scholarship to pursue a major or degree program at the college or university in the fields of entrepreneurship or innovation leadership.
- Be a student who is a dedicated role model in FIRST.
- Your completed application form (indicate on the form which event you/your team are attending)
- A letter of recommendation from a high school instructor from whom you have taken one or more classes
- A brief essay (no more than 500 words) in which you discuss your desire to be a role model, your leadership (entrepreneurial, innovative or community), your participation in the FIRST Tech Challenge or FIRST Robotics competition, and the impact of the program on your life. What sets you apart from others? How are you making a difference and what is your plan to do so moving forward?
- Your official high school transcript
If you are a home-schooled student, please contact the FIRST Scholarship Committee for instructions on what materials you should provide in lieu of a letter of recommendation and transcript.
All materials should be mailed or emailed to FIRST Canada at the following address:
P.O. Box 518
Attn: Joanna Whitney
FIRST Canada will announce the recipient of the Scholarship in 2021.
To receive your initial disbursement of Scholarship funds, you must send FIRST Canada, no later than the end of the second week of classes, a letter requesting the funds and confirming the college or university to which the funds should be sent.
For complete details about the scholarship, and to apply, download the 2021 Don Bossi Leadership & Innovation Canadian Scholarship Program Materials below: