FIRST Robotics Competition
Human Limit: 5
At least 1 student, maximum 1 adult
We recognize that some teams may not have access to their robots but will still want to participate in these challenges. As such, the Open Category – Robot Reels! challenge will have a category which does not involve robots. Instead the video can feature team members and a FIRST based theme. Time to show off your truly creative side. Make a FIRST themed video of your team doing something fun that can go viral.
- There is no robot requirement for this challenge
- The video must be centered around FIRST in some way
- Think of the videos that are being put out by influencers and content creators today. Use those for inspiration, and try and emulate them
- Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Make a FIRST themed dance
- Make a FIRST related skit/short film highlighting FIRST Core Values
- Make a FIRST hype/promo video
- A video highlighting unsung STEM heroes/inventions
- Make a FIRST song or lip sync video
- Set the video to music to add to the energy and hype
- Think of videos that have gone viral on various platforms. See if you can match that energy!
- While we want you to be creative, all actions must be safe. Please use your common sense when partaking in this challenge, and never put any participant at risk!
- Videos are limited to 60 seconds
Entries to be judged based on creativity, energy, wow factor, connection to FIRST and videography