FIRST Robotics Competition
Human Limit: 3
At least 1 student, maximum 1 adult
We recognize that some teams may not have access to their robots but will still want to participate in these challenges. As such, Trick Shot challenge will have a category which does not involve robots. Instead team members will be the ones taking and making the Trick Shots!
- There is no robot requirement for this challenge, i.e. Humans are doing the shooting
- Teams may use any FRC Game Piece(s)
- The intent is for teams to get creative and do some cool stuff that’ll make jaws drop!
- Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Longest possible made shot (Set up outside if you want to go for real distance)
- Fastest release of 5 Power Cells
- Shots in the inner portal while on the move
- Bounce shots off of field elements into the goal
- Shots from the top of a stairwell into a goal at the bottom
- Shoot a drone out of the air!
- Dunk power cells
- Juggle game pieces from the past 5 years
- Be creative! If you don’t have a goal, it’s okay to do some wicked bounce shots into garbage cans, lockers, or whatever else you can think
- Watch some professional Trick Shot videos on YouTube for some inspiration
- Don’t be afraid to be bold!
- Set the video to music to add to the energy and hype
- Think of videos that have gone viral on various platforms. See if you can match that energy!
- While we want you to be creative, all actions must be safe. Please use your common sense when partaking in this challenge, and never put any participant at risk!
- Videos are limited to 60 seconds, but there’s no limit to the amount of Trick Shots
- You could do one Trick Shot and show multiple angles and speeds
- You could do multiple Trick Shots edited together
- Entries to be judged based on difficulty of shot, overall skill, creativity, and videography